Trauma Assessment and Treatment
In your personal life journey and through today’s many challenges, you may be experiencing a great deal of anxiety and stress which may be the result of a single traumatic experience or prolonged exposure to traumatic events.
Are you experiencing some of the effects of TRAUMA, such as:
- Feelings of emptiness and loss
- Anxiety and fear
- Anger, irritability, mood swings
- Confusion, difficulty concentrating
- Feelings of sadness or hopelessness
- Withdrawal from others
- Feelings of guilt, shame and self-blame
LifeStar provides individual and group therapy for those struggling with the traumatic life experiences.
Different kinds of TRAUMA require different types of treatment interventions. LifeStar Therapists are trained in the most current and effective TRAUMA treatment methods and modalities:
- Betrayal Trauma Treatment – for partners whose trust has been betrayed
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- SE – Somatic Experiencing
- LI – Lifespan Integration
- IFS – Internal Family Systems
Most of us will experience some form of TRAUMA in our lives. Our TRAUMA usually falls into three categories:
- Shock or Acute Trauma results from a single incident, accident, or sexual assault
- Developmental or Chronic TRAUMA is repeated and prolonged such as domestic violence, abuse, and/or repeated sexual assault
- Complex TRAUMA is exposure to varied and multiple traumatic events
Together, with our specially trained Trauma Therapists, we can help you overcome the negative impact of trauma on your life. The healing process starts with education and support to regulate emotion. Next, you’ll work on creating emotional safety through specific techniques you’ll learn from your Therapist. Lastly, no matter how helpless you might feel at the current moment, growth beyond trauma IS POSSIBLE! We are here to help!